Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lamp Shade

I have really loved decorating the babies room and doing all different types of projects! It's fun to know that I actually did that! One of them has been a lamp for her dresser to add some style and more pink to the room. I will add that the shade was a little messy and hard to cut all the burlap at first, totally worth it though! I found the tutorial on Pinterest (of course!)




the first think I did was tape off the areas that I didn't want painted on the lamp. We then spray painted it a hot pink! 
I then measured the lamp shade and cover it with burlap to give it a good texture on the back. 
I cut the strips of burlap about two inches across and eleven in length. After I had all the strips I thought I needed I clipped them at the ends and ironed them in half! 
After I cut and ironed all the pieces I started gluing wherever I though looked good! 
I personally think the lamp turned out perfect, I would't have done it any differently! 

2 comments:

  1. omg I love this girl, looks hard to do the shade. I also got your babyshower invite, its adorable. Cant wait to go. Ima make some of my creations for ya that I've done for my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, the cutest little baby's lamp I have ever seen! :) I might steal it! jk.. but the idea I might steal! :)I'm excited for you to post pictures of her room! :)

    ReplyDelete